A Mission Impossible: Too Much, Yet Never Enough

My never-ending hunt for Josefs continues, and my collection is ever expanding due to my successes. Yet now I find myself faced with a dreaded truth that can no longer be ignored.....

Success + Excess = Stress Stress

Or, to put it simply, I have no more room to display my dolls and I'm fucking freaking out.

Due to living in a very small townhome, living with a man who forbade me from displaying Josefs, or anything else "girly," in any room other than the tiny bedroom which fate has gifted me, and because I'm apparently NOT the Queen of Sheba, I only have 2 measly shelving units worth of space to display all my precious belongings. (Probably payback for telling the hubs that I'd only buy one Josef and would not let it get out of hand.)

But those 2 cases are now dripping with Josefs, and some have even spilled out and are having to sit idly on top of the units until I muster up the will to tackle this issue head on.

And it.

Is.

Daunting.

Crippling even!

All dolls must be handled with extreme care, meticulously cleaned, and carefully re-arranged.
Just looking at the sheer volume of all those fragile dolls (nearly 100 now), and then at the insanely small amount of space I have to work with, causes me to feel incredibly overwhelmed and panicky.

Like, "I think the bathroom could probably use a cleaning, instead" kind of overwhelmed.

I want to keep certain dolls together, as they are in the same series, but that is seriously hindering my abilities to reach my goal of getting each and every one of these suckers on the shelves! And I want them arranged in such a way that each doll is able to be seen and enjoyed.

And of course, it is crucial to arrange my dolls in a way that provides more room for future additions to the collection, but yet also in a way that is pleasing to the eye.

I have lots of risers to help with height issues, but there are several sets, some of uneven numbers, and of various sizes. So figuring out how to utilize those in the best way possible is only adding to my already skyrocketing stress levels!

And where exactly am I to put 20 - 40 Josefs at a time, SAFELY, as I clear off a shelf and make decisions on what fits where?

Where?!
You tell me where!!

Some nights, I just sit in bed and stare at my shelves, wondering what the hell I'm gonna do.

It goes a little something like this:



via GIPHY


Comments

Popular Posts