The Cause & Cure

The blog that you are about to read is basically just another sign that my addiction to JOSEF ORIGINALS is spiraling out of control.

That's right.
I, Jenna, am a Josef junkie.
100% Grade A


My poor, poor husband has been listening to me talk, non-stop, for nearly a year about Josefs:

-Which ones I want and desperately MUST HAVE
-How much I saw one sell for compared to what I paid, or would be willing to pay (not always a cheerful conversation)
-Which ones I missed out on on eBay and how my day was completely and utterly ruined
-The numerous discrepancies I find in the Josef Originals books/price guides and exactly what I think of them (i.e. my corrections)
-How many sellers I see selling items as "mint" when they are clearly broken/repaired
-Which never-before-seen Josefs I came across today and where they rank on my Must Have List
-How totally pumped I am about a Josef I saw for sale and how I will just die (just DIE!) if I don't get it

And that's just when he asks me how my day was.

This is my way of giving the guy a much-needed break, god bless him. (And I'm sure he's hoping that my blogging time will eventually start eating into my "desperately scouring the internet for Josefs to buy" time. Foolish, foolish man.)
Plus his patience with the whole "Josefs thing" is clearly starting to wear thin.

It will be nice to have a conversation with you (well...a written conversation, and more than likely with myself) where eyes aren't just staring off into the distance as I'm obviously being tuned out. No more conversations gently and politley being steered to a completely different topic. And hopefully no more hearing that dreaded phrase..."don't you have enough already?" or its variation, "when will it ever be enough for you?"

So basically this is me now spewing my disease upon you, The World.
I do this out of the goodness of my heart. I do it for the love of my husband (and his sanity).

But most of all...I do it for the love of Josefs.

(Now...what to talk about over dinner??....)


P.S.

Feel free to comment or question.
I'm sure the hubs would really REALLY appreciate it.

Comments

  1. LOL - I just happened to stumble upon your blog during my favorite leisure time....looking at Josefs!! I also share the same mad passion for these dolls - by the way, congratulations on all your finds!! Your pictures are GORGEOUS, VERY NICE COLLECTION! I started collecting about 1.5 years ago. I can't say I have 68 yet but I know my collection has been steadily growing since I started. I think I'm up to about 40 or so. The hardest thing is finding them in perfect condition. I too have been the victim of buying some that have not been in perfect condition as claimed in ads....very disappointing to say the least. It's nice to know I'm not the only crazy person who's been doing this. It actually started because I had a few figurines that my mom had given me from my childhood, my dad had recently found "Cho Cho" at a yard sale and had gifted her to my mom (she had flaws of course). My mom asked if I would look for her in perfect condition online. My parents not being familiar with using computers and of course I couldn't say no to my mom.... The fateful day I typed "Josef Originals" in the Google search bar was the day the madness really began for me. Although I had the few from my childhood I had no clue there were so many mouthwatering irresistible figurines out there!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story and your beautiful collection, It's been fun reading your posts....please continue to share your finds!! I'm seriously glad to find someone who finds it as fun and exciting as I do!!! I'll follow you on pinterest and will peek at your blog every so often so please don't forget to update and share your dolls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Please know that you are my first. Ooo la la!

      Thank you also for all the kind words. However, I am torn. I don't know if I should consider you "friend", or "foe". On the one hand, you are a Josef junkie, like me, and you sound like you would make a great Josef buddy/ally/confidant. But on the other hand... you are my competition in the collecting game, and therefore a natural enemy. BUT you do seem very nice, you like my blog and photos, and you apparently are a big Marie Antoinette fan (again, like myself). So I'll consider you "friend." But know this...if we are ever going after the same doll, I'll have to take you down.
      I trust you will understand.
      Hahaha!
      Really though, all good humored trash-talkin' aside, I'm so glad you took time to read my posts and view my pictures. I do take a lot of pride in my dolls, and even the photos of them. And it is nice to know that there are other collectors out there, old and new, appreciating these beauties and cherishing them.

      And I do apologize for being so behind in posting. I have lots of pictures ready to go, also some of my latest additions, but I just need to post them. Just knowing that I have at least one reader out there will help give me the motivation to get back to it.

      So thank you! And enjoy!

      PS. If you need to find me on Pinterest, my pinner name is Jenna Dreams Of...
      I assume that since you go by "Marie Antoinette" that you are also a lover of all things Rococo. I have a Rococo board that you may be interested in viewing/following as well.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Just thought I'd comment on the cleaning..... I use a toothbrush to clean the filth off of these when I receive them in ultra dirty condition....just be extra careful and gentle. The toothbrush has been working well for me so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies I am late to the game, but I am also a victim of the Josef disease. I have been collecting for the last twelve or so years, although lately I've been a little worse than previously. Mr. Postman must wonder what all of these eBay boxes contain. If you want to see my collection, I'm on Instagram as mirmir83.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Error, my profile is mirmir1983. Would love to chat with you about collecting!! My hubby is tired of my obsession, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts