2019 Josef Originals Round Up (Better Late Than Never)

Another year has come and gone, and, as I am wont to do, I thought it would be fun to kick off the New Year (I know, I know, it's a tad late) by going over some of my more exciting acquisitions from Yesteryear, 2019. "For you cannot look forward, until you've looked back"...or something along those lines, right?

Anyway.

When I first set out to write this post I figured I wouldn't have too too much to report being that my Must Have list is getting shorter and shorter with each passing year. Which is actually a good thing as that means that I'm kickin' some ass and crossing off names. The dolls left on my list are the harder to find ones, so the scores will naturally be fewer and farther between. However, when I took a good look at my collection and records in preparation for this post (yes, I keep records of purchase dates and prices, and you should too), and tallied up all that I had acquired throughout the entirety of 2019, I soon came to the realization that:

"Holy hell, that was quite the haul!"

Let's review, shall we?


MAKE BELIEVE SERIES
Girl with parasol and girl serving tea
Josef Original Originals figurine figurines make believe series girl with tea parasol vintage

Josef Original Originals figurine figurines make believe series girl with tea parasol fan vintage
They join my girl with fan


WHITE SHETLAND PONY
Josef Originals figurine My Favorite Things Series girl with pony presents vintage
This one wasn't really on my Must Have list, but I thought it would 
look good with my Favorite Things girl...
she looks like the type of girl who'd get a pony as a present


ROMANCE SERIES - FIRST YEAR
"Guest List"
Vintage Josef Originals lady figurine Romance Series - The First Year - Guest List
A Christmas present from the Hubs - yay!


DAYS OF THE WEEK SERIES
"Wednesday"
Josef Originals figurine Days of the Week girl - Wednesday

Vintage Josef Originals figurine figurines Days of the Week girls - Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday
Down to just needing "Monday" and "Friday"


LITTLE FRENCH GIRL SERIES
Vintage Josef Originals figurine set figurines Little French Girls - Blue and Green
I was lucky enough to get two in a single year. 
Now I just need the girl in pink!


ZODIAC GIRLS SERIES
"Taurus", "Leo", and "Aquarius"
Vintage Josef Originals figurines figurine set Zodiac Girls series astrology astrological horoscope Taurus Leo Aquarius
(Insert ear-piercing squeal of delight)


MJ GEORGE SET OF MERMAIDS
Rare vintage MJ George Early Josef Originals set of Mermaids sea creature figurines figurine
(And another squeal)


NURSERY RHYMES SERIES
"Mary, Mary Quite Contrary"
Vintage Josef Originals figurine Nursery Rhymes series girl Mary Mary Quite Contrary gardening spade shovel

Vintage Josef Originals figurine set figurines Nursery Rhymes series girls - Curly Locks Mary Quite Contrary Little Bo Peep Cinderella Jack and Jill
To me, this completes my set as I'm not really in love 
with the "Little Miss Muffet" figurine, which I did have at one point, 
but sold



MURIEL OF CALIFORNIA BUSTS
"Marie Antoinette" & "Louis XVI"
Vintage rare Muriel of California Josef Originals Bust Statues figurines - queen Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI

Vintage rare Muriel of California Josef Originals Bust Statues figurines set - queen Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI
Goes with my other set of "Marie" and "Louis" busts with color variations


CHINESE GIRLS SERIES
Girl with braid, in blue
Vintage rare Josef Originals figurine Chinese Girl Series - Girl with braid in blue crown princess oriental asian

Vintage rare Josef Originals figurine Chinese Girl Series figurines girl crown princess oriental asian
Need one more to complete the set


Well, that's it!
Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

It was SO satisfying to be able to finally get my hands on some really hard to find pieces, like the set of mermaids and the Marie and Louis busts. And it always feels good to get a little closer to completing a series, or two. But of course the real cherry on top of the whole year was the fact that I managed to score not one, not two, but THREE of my beloved Zodiac Girls.


It just don't get better than that!

Obviously, with having had such a successful year, my Must Have list really is diminished at this point, so I don't imagine I'll do nearly quite as well in 2020.

But only time will tell....

And so with that:  Let the great hunt of 2020 begin!






Comments

  1. I don't know why I love these little girls so much?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something in their face that gets to me. The eyes have to be closed and just in the right was and also just in the right way the smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts