What's In a Name?

........

Regret, that's what.

SIGH.

When I first tumbled into the glorious world of Josef Originals, and before crowning myself Queen, I was young.

Young and oh-so foolish.

And one particular Josef in my collection has now become a constant, glaring reminder of this fact.

Enter: "Jeanne" - From the 'Colonial Days' series, my very first Josef Original doll.

Upon setting my eyes on this gorgeous creation in person, I immediately knew that I had lied, lied, lied when I had promised my hubby that I would not go crazy and start up a whole collection, and that I would stop after just one. (He was young and foolish too, apparently, for believing me. I have 68 and growing.)

No, I knew right away that this was not going to be one of those passing phases that various collectors tend to go through. Like when I collected blue birds (all gone). Or unicorns (in boxes).
No. I knew that with Josefs, "this shit's for life!"

So what is the very next thing I did after realizing that I was completely captivated and henceforth dead-set on worshipping these dolls?

I proceeded to do something that to this very day still makes me want to puke when I think back on that fateful moment.....


Which one of these is not like the others?







Now enter: Gut wrenching, face smacking, blood boiling, Regret!

Yes, that's right, folks.

I removed her name tag.

hurl

See? Just like I said....young and foolish.

To buy a Josef doll that does not have the name tag intact is one thing. But to have it, and to remove it, is completely and utterly senseless.
Criminal even!

Often times, I toy with the idea of replacing my Jeanne doll with one that still has the label, so that my complete set will be just that. Complete.

However, she is turning out to be quite difficult to find in perfect condition AND with her label still in tact (biting knuckles). Unless of course I want to pay "top dollar" for her.... Again. (Mmmm...knuckles are yummy.)

Sometimes I try telling myself that it's good to have a daily reminder of this rash and unwise decision. After all, we need to learn and grow from our mistakes, right? And it is, one might say, an amusing memory of my very first step into the world of Josef collecting.

And then other times I wish I had the power to go back in time to kick my own ass.


Please dear readers...don't make the same mistake I did.
You will only live to regret it.





Comments

Popular Posts