Fame & Infection

Seems as if I am now officially the most famous person living at my house.

In case I failed to mention, I love Josef Originals dolls. So when I finally dipped my toes into the all absorbing madness that is Pinterest, naturally I wanted to create a board for Josef figurines. I wanted to create another outlet for my disease-addled brain.

I was growing a bit weary of scrolling through the same pictures of Josef dolls, over and over again. It seemed as though everyone was just sharing/posting/pinning all the same photos. Usually just photos pinned from Ebay auctions (and we know how good the quality of those can be), or other various sites selling antiques/collectibles. And I'll tell you what...the photos out there are not giving Josefs their due.

I wanted to see some photos that pop.
That dazzle.
That really show the true glory that is a Josef Original.
Photos that prove that these dolls are not mere trinkets, or knick-knacks.
I wanted to see photos that scream, "These dolls are works of art, damn it!"

This frustration gave me the perfect excuse to show off my own ever-growing collection, forever cementing it into the annals of Google-dom. AND to use my nifty little photography kit, complete with light box, lamps, and backgrounds. (Once upon a time, I had had the crazy notion that I was going to write my own guide to Josef collecting, which would include pictures of my dolls, and the ones I came across during my stint buying and reselling. You know, to give Jim and Kaye Whitaker a run for their money. But I've never been too good at seeing my plans, whether they be good or evil, through to the end. I'm so lazy like that. SIGH.)

1 crappy camera + 1 photog kit + dozens of fabulous Josef specimens = A SUPER FUN WEEKEND PHOTO SHOOT!!!!!

And one with some pretty beautiful results to boot, if I do say so myself.
But then again, I think most of the credit should go to the models.


                                           The Royals: Louis, Marie, and Joseph


                                                          The "Italian Aristocrats"
 
"French Lace"
 


As of today, I have a whopping 6 followers on my Josef Originals board.

Oooo, I always knew I'd be famous!


And of course, the photos on this blog are linked to my Pinterest board. So anyone on Pinterest who clicks the pic will trigger my well-placed trap, whereupon they will be snared and brought promptly to my lair...er... blog.

Moooooowaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhh!

See? And you were wondering what those evil plans were that I was talking about.

Yep. This is how the infection will spread....1 pin at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts