Send In The Clowns...And One Odd Duck!

As I'm sure you know, Muriel Joseph George designed thousands of different figurines, and they aren't all little mice (not a fan) or pretty ladies in fancy gowns (HUGE fan!). For the most part, I strictly only collect the latter. But there are a few pieces not of the female form that I have made room in my collection for.

The instant I saw this set of 2 little clowns in the California section of my Josef Price Guide book, I knew I had to expand my collecting to include them. They were just so cute!



Little did I know, though, that the set is not that of just the 2 clowns, but there is a third clown....which is a duck of all things!








The Josef Price Guides that I own only show the 2 clowns together, and the duck is nowhere to be seen. I saw him on Ebay and recognized his hat, ruff and over-sized feet which match those of the 2 clowns.

It certainly was a fun discovery!




Comments

  1. So cute! I had no idea there was a matching duck buddy. My girls forbade me from bidding on the clown last night (he was chipped anyways) but I agree, he's a cutie.

    I'm also not a fan of the mice. I used to do the animals but had to make a tough decision to do people or animals bc there is not room in the cabinets for both. I was sad to see them go but happy to make room for more ladies! My only exceptions are the California pieces. I kept my kitties and poodles, and I'm on the hunt for the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts