Never Be Still, My Beating Heart

I gotta say, nothing gets my heart pumpin' like discovering a Josef Originals figurine I never even knew existed.

Nothing.

(Well, that and a trip upstairs. God, I'm out of shape.)

When I'm needing to scratch my Josef itch, I'll just Google stuff like "rare josef originals" or "super rare josef figurine" to see what comes up for images.
Google, that fantastic fountain of life changing info, is filled with loads of photos from current and past Ebay auctions (sometimes going back years!), pins from the thousands of Pinterest boards out there dedicated to cute figurines, and pictures from blogs, or reference websites.

I desperately search like this, using different phrases, in the hopes of "discovering" a Josef doll that I had never seen before.
It rarely turns up anything other than the same old, same old. But with slightly dwindling hope, I press on, one foot in front of the other, teetering on the very edge of that gaping pit of despair that is depression.

So happily hunting (and desperately hoping) was I one day, when what juicy little morsel did I so find?

A pulse pounding pic!

One containing an unfamiliar girl in yellow, belonging to one of the Birthday Party Girls series, whom of which I had never come across before during any of my hunts.

My heart was beating like a rabbit!
It was right on par, I'm sure, with striking gold, or finding a unicorn.

I felt like I was on some sort of delicious drug when I saw it.
And yes, all this just from a simple photo.
I can't even imagine what would happen to me if I had come across something like this in person.
I'd probably go straight into cardiac arrest.

This was especially exciting to me because I have been pondering this specific series a lot of late.
I have three of the figurines from this series, and only know of a fourth and fifth one. And typically, series like these come in sixes, so I had a strong, sneaking suspicion there was a sixth girl out there, somewhere.


Firstly, though, here's the rest of the party animals....


This one is one of my favorites in my collection! 
(Although, I've been to several birthday parties, and not once did anyone ever bust out a candelabra.)







(Above picture borrowed from Google)

(Above picture from one of the Josef Originals books)


And finally....

Bam!
Little Miss Number Six



So with hopes freshly renewed, I hunt on.

I just hope my ticker can take it!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog while I was looking for info on Pinterest for the candelabra girl. I also get excited when I find one I've never seen before! I love your witty writing and knowing that other people around my age also collect Josefs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by and perusing the blog! Stop back anytime, because you never know what I'll be rambling on about next.

      Oh wait, of course you do.....JOSEFS!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts