Year of the Take

Welly, welly, welly.....Another 365 come and gone.

Days filled with lots of hair tingling highs, a few gut wrenching lows, and all the typical glories and gories of the hunt.

Yes, I'm happy to report, 2017 was a good year for me on the Josef front. (Surprising, since 2016 practically chewed me up and spit me out.)

This year was definitely my year.

My Year of the Hunt.
My Year of the Bounty.

My Year of the Take.

Oh yes, I had a pretty, pretty juicy haul, I must say. If I was wearing suspenders, this is where I'd slip my thumbs under them, and snap them, for effect. I'll more than likely be featuring my trophies here in the coming many months. But, in the meantime, if you remember, last New Year I had made a list of my hopes for my Josef Collection for 2017. Let's skip down memory lane, and take another look at that rather ambitious list, and see how we did.

The wish list item that I genuinely thought was a huge long shot, and that I had no actual chance in hell of finding this year, was one of the Zodiac Girls. 

But amazingly enough, I managed to bag one!

Zodiac Girls Series - Pisces

CHECK!


But what's even better than scoring one hard to find Josef Original?

Scoring two, bay-bay! Oh yeah!

Zodiac Girls Series - Capricorn

DOUBLE CHECK!!!!


These would be those "hair tingling highs" I mentioned earlier

3 down, 9 to go!


Next on my list was Spring from the "Four Seasons" series. She was a thorn in my side that I was finally able to pull. 

Four Seasons Series - Spring

CHECK!

Fourth time was the charm


Next up on my list was Curly Locks from the "Nursery Rhymes" series, complete with needle.

Nursery Rhymes Series - Curly Locks (needle and all)

CHECK!



I also had Guest List from the "First Year" series on my wish list. And I actually did have a chance at this one recently, but she was damaged. I could have gotten her as a place holder, but with my space obviously being more limited than ever, I had to let her go.

The next Josef I had wished for was Tanya, the large ballerina from the California era. Unfortunately, I missed out on this one. I saw one had been sold in a very inexpensive lot of collectibles. And she looked to have been in really good condition, too. Hopefully whoever got that bundle of breakables realizes, and appreciates, the juicy little gem they picked up.

And here is the cherry to top off 2017....


My Favorite Things Series - She Who Has Eluded Me

Oh yes

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


However, she comes with a big "but".

I normally like big butts and I cannot lie, but this "but" is nowhere near my likings.

No, no, no.

Someone, at one point   
painted.  
over.  
all.  
of.  
the.  
roses. 

Seriously.......the horror.

I can and will still appreciate her beauty, but this means that, much like Celine Dion's heart, my hunt for this one goes on.

(On a happier note, I also managed the other 2 girls I needed to round out the "My Favorite Things" series)



Overall, this past year turned out a pretty little bounty for me.

So, peace out, 2017!
And thanks.

2018,....let's dance.

Jenna's 2018 Wish List

- I gotta go big again and wish for more of the Zodiac Girls (Sagittarius, my sights are on you!)

- One, or both, of the mermaid statues from the earliest days of Josefs (back when they were stamped "MJ George")

- I also need Penny from the "Musicale" series. I bought her recently, however, despite being packaged perfectly, her cello bow broke in the box due to extreme bitter freakin' cold temperatures. (Impromptu Public Service Announcement!)

- Little Bo Peep from the Nursery Rhymes series

- Any of the "Cherub on Hearts" trinket dishes. I have the Jewels one, however it has been repaired, so I could use that one again, as well as the Bobby Pins and Pins and Needles.

- And of course, the girl with the stacked presents from My Favorite Things.
Still.
And to be more specific, one that has NOT been painted over.
Please.


Happy New Year, everyone!

And happy hunting.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your collection. Where did you purchase them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts